Farnborough Rotary Club have unveiled a new clock to commemorate their 50th anniversary at the Princesmead Shopping Centre in Farnborough.

The clock was unveiled by the Mayor of Farnborough, Alan Ferrier and the president of Farnborough Rotary Club Mr Bill Cooke.

In a speech from the Mayor, he praised the work of the local rotary clubs and Farnborough in particular for its work in the community.

Mr Cooke said “Over 50 years the people of Farnborough and the local area have donated in excess of £650,000. 75% of which has been given to good causes locally and the other 25% to national and international organisations. The clock is a symbol and a gift to the people of Farnborough and it feels really nice to be giving back something to the community”.

The club raises funds through events throughout the year, such as the local Donkey Derby held every May in Farnborough, their annual Christmas street collections and one of the biggest two day music events locally, “Picnic To Music in The Park” to be held in July this year.

Jeremy Kayll, who is one of the club members responsible for coming up with the idea of a clock said  “We wanted to give something back to the people of Farnborough and we hope that this gift to PrincesMead and the people of the local community will be here permanently as a reminder of the work that Farnborough Rotary club does in the local area for on behalf of the local community”.

The club has set up an exhibition stand in Princesmead to show the work that Rotary does locally, nationally and on the international front. On the stand you will also be able to buy tickets for “Picnic To Music in The Park” and the local “Donkey Derby”. The mini exhibition is open every day and manned by members of the club.

And here it is;

Princess'mead's New Clock

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.